Meerut Municipal Corporation
According to U.P. Nagar Nigam Act 1959, Nagar Nigam has been handed over the responsibility to avail certain public services to the citizens. As per the 74th Amendment Act (yet to be implemented in Meerut), there has been a considerable increase in the responsibilities of the local bodies.
Mentioned below are some of the important services / duties undertaken by Municipalities for the citizens :
- Sanitation and cleaning of public streets and drains.
- Cleaning of public toilets and urinaries.
- Repair and maintenance of drains.
- Emancipation of dead dogs.
- Measures to control spreading of contagious / infectious diseases (e.g. spraying of antibacterial spray using Spray Gun - basically for diseases like Malaria, etc.)
- To remove the heaps of garbage.
- To remove the deberis.
- Sanitation and cleanliness of Garbage Houses.
- Other works related to garbage disposal.
- Cattle catching (catching rowdy animals).
- Dog catching (catching stray / aggressive dogs).
- Disposal of dead bodies of dead cows and buffaloes.
- Maintenance of parks.
- Securing the green trees in public places.
- Release proceedings of dangerous and dried trees.